Sure, you can try to sell your home by yourself. But why? With a dedicated, licensed Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties real estate agent at your side, selling a home is easier, faster, and a lot less stressful.
We can bring you more qualified potential buyers, offer valuable advice, and coach you through the entire home-selling process – and save you from the often-frustrating complexities of deciding how to best market your home.
Like most relationships, the buyer-agent relationship thrives on communication, loyalty and trust. By working exclusively with us, you'll improve both the process and the results.
Getting Your Home Ready for Sale
You’ve heard repeatedly that upgrading your home with new cabinetry, flooring, doors, counters, and other amenities will almost always assure a maximum asking price when it's time to sell. But sometimes, finances, time frames, and other circumstances prevent making these upgrades.
If you’re in that situation, consider taking some smaller steps to boost your home’s “curb appeal.” According to industry experts, doing so can mean selling it 10 to 15 times faster. Tackle the easier tasks if you’re up to it, and think about hiring professionals for larger jobs such as painting and landscaping.
- Keep lawn edged, cut, and watered regularly
- Trim hedges and prune trees
- Place potted seasonal flowers near front entrance
- Sweep and wash sidewalks (if local water-use rules permit)
- Check foundation, steps, and walkways for cracks and crumbling
- Inspect doors and windows for peeling paint
- Clean and straighten gutters
- Replace damaged or loose roof shingles
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to front door
- Install clearly readable, elegant house numbers